Code of Conduct: Community Rules & Etiquette and Privacy Guidelines
Thank you for being part of our community. This is a great medium with which to solicit the advice of your peers, benefit from their experience, share your knowledge, and participate in an ongoing conversation. To ensure the best possible experience for all members -- from many countries, cultures, and traditions -- we have established some basic guidelines for participation. In order to preserve a climate that encourages both civil and fruitful dialogue, we reserve the right to suspend or terminate participation in this community for anyone who violates these rules. If you have any questions after acquainting yourself with these important rules and guidelines, please contact the ILA membership team. Thank you.
By joining and using this community, you agree that you have read and will follow these rules and guidelines. You also agree to only post discussions and share files and content to that best suited to the community, its associated topics, and this medium.
- The discussions and comments are meant to stimulate conversation and civil debate, not to create contention or foster personal attacks.
- We encourage people to appropriately share their publications and events that may be of interest to others in the community. However, don't post overly commercial messages on any discussion list, resource library entry, or other areas. Posts should be informational, not advertorial.
- Use caution when discussing products. Information posted on the lists and in the libraries is available for all to see, and comments are subject to libel, slander, and antitrust laws.
- All defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials are strictly prohibited. Do not post anything that you would not want the world to see or that you would not want anyone to know came from you.
- Please note carefully all items listed in the disclaimer and legal rules below, particularly regarding the copyright ownership of information posted.
- Remember that other participants have the right to reproduce postings to this site unless you specify otherwise.
- Post your message or documents only to the most appropriate lists or libraries. Do not spam several lists or libraries with the same message.
- All messages must add to the body of knowledge. While we do not anticipate that our members will abuse these rules and guidelines, the ILA reserves the right to reject messages.
Discussion Group Etiquette
- State concisely and clearly the topic of your comments in the subject line. This allows members to respond more appropriately to your posting and makes it easier for members to search the archives by subject.
- Please consider how your tone travels around the world and across cultures.
- Send messages such as "thanks for the information" or "me, too" to individuals -- not to the entire list -- by using "Reply to Sender".
- Do not send administrative messages, such as remove me from the list. Instead, go to your profile to change your settings or to remove yourself from a list (it's just that easy!).
- Include a signature tag on all messages. Include your name, affiliation, location.
The Legal Stuff
This site is provided as a service for the members and supporters of the International Leadership Association. The International Leadership Association is not responsible for the opinions and information posted on this site by others. We disclaim all warranties with regard to information posted on this site, whether posted by the International Leadership Association or any third party; this disclaimer includes all implied warranties of merchantability and fitness. In no event shall the International Leadership Association be liable for any special, indirect, or consequential damages or any damages whatsoever resulting from loss of use, data, or profits, arising out of or in connection with the use or performance of any information posted on this site.
Do not post any information, resources, or other material protected by copyright without the permission of the copyright owner. By posting material, the posting party warrants and represents that he or she owns the copyright with respect to such material or has received permission from the copyright owner. In addition, the posting party grants the International Leadership Association and users of this site the nonexclusive right and license to display, copy, publish, distribute, transmit, print, and use such information or other material. Please respect the intellectual property rights of others by only submitting content you have personally written or else obtained permission to post to Intersections with attribution.
Messages should not be posted if they encourage or facilitate members to arrive at any agreement that either expressly or impliedly leads to price fixing, a boycott of another's business or university, or other conduct intended to illegally restrict free trade. Messages that encourage or facilitate an agreement about the following subjects are inappropriate: prices, discounts, or terms or conditions of sale; salaries; profits, profit margins, or cost data; market shares, sales territories, or markets; allocation of customers or territories; or selection, rejection, or termination of customers or suppliers.
The International Leadership Association does not actively monitor the site for inappropriate postings and does not on its own undertake editorial control of postings. However, in the event that any inappropriate posting is brought to the attention of the International Leadership Association we will take all appropriate action.
Do not post any defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials. The International Leadership Association reserves the right to terminate access to any user who does not abide by these guidelines.
We Respect Your Privacy
Any personal information you provide to us including and similar to your name, address, telephone number and e-mail address will not be released, sold, or rented to any entities or individuals outside of our organization except as noted below.
With Whom Do We Share the Personal Information We Collect Through This Site?
Our Service Providers
We may share your personal information with companies (including our affiliates) that perform services on our behalf, for example, companies that help process credit card payments. Our service providers are required by contract to protect the confidentiality of the personal information we share with them and to use it only to provide specific services on our behalf.
Government and Legal Disclosures
We may disclose the personal information we collect through this Site, when we, in good faith, believe disclosure is appropriate to comply with the law (or a court order or subpoena); to prevent or investigate a possible crime, such as fraud or identity theft; to enforce our Terms and Conditions or other agreements that govern your use of this Site; or to protect the rights, property or safety of our company, our users, or others.
Our Sponsors and Leadership Partners
We may disclose personal information we collect through this Site on a use by use basis to third party sponsors and leadership partners that offer services or products relevant to those with a professional interest in leadership. Individuals may, at any time, access their ILA profile and change their mailing preferences to opt out of third party data sharing.
Remember The Risks Whenever You Use The Internet
While we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of any information that you transmit to us and you are solely responsible for maintaining the secrecy of any passwords or other account information. In addition other Internet sites or services that may be accessible through our site have separate data and privacy practices independent of us, and therefore we disclaim any responsibility or liability for their policies or actions. Please contact those vendors and others directly if you have any questions about their privacy policies. For any other information please contact us using the Contact Us page.
Thank you for reading and following this Code of Conduct.